These balls are based on the Seed Cycling Theory which is the practice of eating a combination of specific seeds throughout the different phases of the menstrual cycle to promote hormone harmony.
The nutrition content of which help support, regulate and clear out our hormones (specifically estrogen and progesterone) throughout the cycle.
Phase 2 (the ‘luteal’ phase): is the time between ovulation and menstruation (days 15-28, or the second half of the month), when progesterone surges to increase libido around ovulation, maintain the uterine lining (endometrium), and ultimately, to support a developing embryo.
SUNFLOWER SEEDS + SESAME SEEDS ARE USED TO PROMOTE PHASE 2:
- Sunflower seeds: provide the mineral selenium, which is a potent antioxidant that helps the liver in detoxification processes and protects reproductive tissues and cells. They also contain phytosterols + fibre, and promote progesterone.
- Sesame seeds: are high in lignans + antioxidants + EFAs + phytosterols (which aid in managing cholesterol by reducing the body’s absorption of unhealthy fats, and are a good cardiovascular and brain nutrient) + nourishing minerals
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons maca
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao
- 2 drops orange doterra essential oil
- 1/4 cup preferred sweetener (I use monk fruit and stevia)
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Blend seeds in a food processor.
- Add everything else to the seeds
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes
- Take out and roll into balls, roll in sesame seeds
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
Enjoy the taste but with the extra hormonal benefits too.