Carob, carrot and coconut loaf
I love my loaves and am always trying different combinations using predominantly vegetables. This loaf is great for breakfast, a snack or dessert. It has no added sugar at all, the carrots and carobs natural sugar is more than enough sweetness.
- 5 grated carrots
- 1/3 cup of carob powder
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Grate the carrots and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the carob powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coconut flour and vanilla powder. Mix.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add to the mixture.
- Add the coconut milk and mix.
- Whisk the eggs and combine with mixture.
- Pour into a baking tin and bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees.