Raw Veggie Wraps - Red Pepper, Squash, Black Miso and Garlic
A nutrient dense alternative to breads, wraps and crackers. Made mostly from vegetables with some nuts or seeds. Free from flours, gluten, sugar, dairy, wheat, preservatives. These raw veggie wraps are low carbohydrates and high in nutrition, antioxidants and polyphenols. Because they are slowly dehydrated at less than 45 degrees C, they maintain the nutrient integrity so become an excellent alternative to nutrient deficient breads. They are also handy for travelling, kids lunch boxes and using up vegetables.
There are many combinations you can use and I recommend checking out @realfoodlab on instagram and buying her raw veggie bread ebook. The following recipe is one of my favourites modified from her information. You will need a food processor and dehydrator.
- 2 red peppers
- 3 yellow squash
- 1/2 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or MCT oil
- 1/2 cup of macadamias
- 1/2 cup of kimchi - I use this one http://www.greenstkitchen.com/new-products/black-miso-garlic
- Blend everything together in a food processor until it becomes a thick paste
- Spread evenly onto baking paper, then onto the dehydrator tray
- Dehydrate for 12 hours on 45 degrees C
It can take a few trials to get the consistency right, with the paste and particular dehydrator.