Low Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice
This seriously tastes like normal fried rice but you don't get the blood glucose surge and then dump afterwards. This is a great meal if you want something light, are low carb and in particular if you have a metabolic disorder.
It's full of nutrient dense vegetables and you can modify it to be vegan or vegetarian.
- 1 bunch of cauliflower
- 5 rashes of bacon
- 4 sprigs of spring onion
- 1 cob of corn
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 bunch of broccoli
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 breast of chicken
- olive oil
- tamari sauce
1. Grate cauliflower and broccoli heads. You can use a food processor but I find a grater works well.
2. Add oil to a wok, lightly heat and add cauli mix. Lightly fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Beat the eggs and pour into a heated fry pan. Cook until nice and fluffy, turn when needed. Remove and place on a plate and cut into small pieces.
4. Chop bacon into small pieces and fry the fry pan. Add the chopped spring onions, red pepper, zucchini and corn until lightly cooked.
5. Cut the chicken into slices and grill for 20 minutes.
6. Add all the cooked ingredients into the wok with the cauli mix.
7. Add the tamari sauce with pepper and cook mixture for a further 10 minutes. Leave the mixture to stick to the wok slightly before stirring to give it a crunchy texture.
Serve and enjoy.