Roasted Broccoli, Chickpea and Pumpkin Salad.
I normally make this salad with cauliflower but substituted with broccoli, which turned out really well. Salads are the biggest part of my family’s nutrition so I’m always looking for different interesting mixes. This one’s a winner.
Functional Nutritional tips:
· The chickpeas add a good amount of prebiotics which is important for gut health promoting the natural bacteria to flourish.
· The lemon oil or juice will help to increase stomach acid which is a good thing for helping to keep nasties (parasites and bad bacteria) at bay. It also helps with digestion.
- 1 big branch of broccoli
- ¼ of a Pumpkin
- 3 cups of chopped Kale
- 1 can of chickpeas or you can soak your own.
- Lemon juice, lemon rind or Doterra lemon essential oils
- Olive oil
- 2 sprigs spring onion
- 1 Avocado
- ½ cup pepitas
1. Chop the broccoli and pumpkin, place in a roasting tray. Cover with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
2. Drain the chickpeas, pat dry. Place in another roasting tray, cover with olive oil, lemon rind or 3 drops of lemon oil. Roast for 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Don’t over roast as they go rock hard!!
3. Chop spring onion and avocado, place in a salad bowl.
4. Once cooled, add the roasted veggies and chickpeas.
5. Sprinkle pepitas throughout. Add more lemon juice and olive oil if required.
Enjoy Mel x