Carob, Coconut & Seed Bark
I have to admit, I do like having a piece or 2 of dark chocolate after dinner at times. The darker the better for the minimal sugar content. However, have 90% dark chocolate at night before bed is not the best idea, especially if you have some adrenal insufficient (adrenal fatigue).
Carob is my option at the moment if I feel like something so I don’t have the caffeine hit and the potentially toxic theobromine. It’s naturally sweet too so you don’t need to add any sweetners.
Ingredients (I really don’t measure so these are not absolutely accurate)
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of butter (replace with coconut oil if dairy free)
- 2 tablespoons of carob powder
- ¾ cup of a mixture of sunflower seeds, pepitas, buckwheat kernel etc (you could also have nuts and goji berries
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Melt the coconut oil and butter gently, don’t overheat.
- Stir in all the other ingredients
- Place mixture on a prepared tray with cling wrap
- Freeze for 20 minutes
- Take out and snap into pieces, eat immediately or store back in freezer for treats.