Orange Collagen Cacao Cups Recipe (Adrenal Support)
I’m really enjoying the benefits of gelatin/collagen at the moment. It has so many healthful benefits. One benefit is adrenal health. When our bodies are under extreme stress they actually need more minerals and amino acids, which can be provided by gelatin. Dr. Cate Shanahan suggests that the nutritional matrix in bone broths and gelatin may actually help rejuvenate the renal organs (kidney, adrenals, bladder) which help us deal with stress and cortisol.
The orange gives the liver the glucose it needs to recuperate.
It’s a good balance of fat/carb/protein ratio for adrenal support.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw buckwheat grits
Melt butter and oil, all the rest of the ingredients and mix. Pour into mini cupcake cups. Set in fridge.
- 1 table spoon gelatin
- 1/3 cup of water
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup of almond milk (can use any milk)
- Mix gelatin and water and let set
- Lightly heat almond milk, orange juice.
- Add in gelatin and stir until its dissolved.
- Pour over base and refrigerate