Gut Healing Festive Trifle
I want to feel healthier, more vibrant and energised after the festive season. So to help this come to fruition, every dish I make is going to have a healing component.
To optimise the healing capacity of this dish use a good quality gelatin sourced from grass-fed, humanely raised cows, I use Great Lakes which you can buy online or from Glo Health. For the cream, use kefir to inoculate your system with probiotics.
- 4 tablespoons of Gelatin (I use Great Lakes)
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed OJ
- ½ cup water
Paleo Breakfast Bread
- I used a recipe from Elana’s Pantry. Check it out here https://elanaspantry.com/paleo-breakfast-bread/
- I modified it buy adding ginger , orange rind and allspice to give it a more festive feel and omitted the stevia.
- I would also double this recipe so there is enough for 6 servings.
- Coconut cream kefir (Recipe here http://functionalnutritionist.net/2014/11/20/coconut-milk-kefir-recipe/)
- Alternative to the kefir is coconut cream from a can or choice of yoghurt.
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour (only need to use if it doesn’t thicken)
- 2 drops of orange essential oil (I use doterra)
- Choice of nuts, berries, goji berries, coconut or seeds.
- Combine the gelatin with the ¾ cup of water and let set
- Lightly heat the orange juice and add the ½ cup of water.
- Melt the set gelatin in the warm OJ mixture.
- Pour into your choice of dish or glasses. (I used wine glasses)
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes
Paleo breakfast bread
- Once you have made it, allow it to cool and cut pieces to go on top of the jello.
- Add the essential oil to the cream.
- Use a hand beater with your choice of cream and beat until nice and fluffy. For best results have the cream in the fridge for at least 1 day. If it is not becoming thick and creamy with the beating add the tapioca flour.
- Pour over jello and bread mixture.
- Sprinkle your choice of toppings and refrigerate until required.